A once-over of top regularly asked jQuery talk with requests and answers are given below. A once-over of top regularly asked jQuery talk with requests and answers are given below. You can easily improve your knowledge and skills as well.
1. What is jQuery?
2. Why jQuery is needed?
jQuery is needed for the following list:
- Used to develop browser compatible web applications
- Improve the performance of an application
- Very fast and extensible
- UI related functions are written in minimal lines of codes
3. Whether jQuery HTML work for both HTML and XML documents?
No, jQuery HTML only works for HTML documents not for XML Documents.
4. What are the methods used to provide effects?
Some of the effects methods are:
- FadeIn() and
5. What is the advantage of using a minimized version of jQuery?
The efficiency of the web page increases when a minimized version of jQuery is used.min.js file will be more than 50% less than the normal js file. A reduction in the file size makes the web page faster.
7. Which operating system is more compatible with jQuery?
Mac, Windows, and Linux are more compatible with jQuery.
8. How can we include the jQuery library in the ASP.Net project?
Download the jQuery library from jQuery.com and include that reference on the asp.net page.
9. Which command will give a version of jQuery?
The command $.ui.version returns jQuery UI version.
10. In what scenarios jQuery can be used?
jQuery can be used in the following scenarios:
- Apply CSS static or dynamic
- Calling functions on events
- Manipulation purpose
- Mainly for Animation effects
11. What is the difference between find and children methods?
The find method is used to find all levels down the DOM tree but children find a single level down the DOM tree.
12. What is jQuery connect?
A ‘ jQuery connect’ is a plugin used to connect or bind a function with another function. Connect is used to execute functions from any other function or plugin is executed.
13. How to use connect?
Connect can be used by downloading the jQuery connect file from jQuery.com and then include that file in the HTML file. Use $.connect function to connect a function to another function.
14. What are the features of jQuery, have been used in web applications?
jQuery uses features like Sliding, File uploading, and accordion in web applications.
15. What are the browser-related issues for jQuery?
Browser compatibility of the jQuery plugin is an issue and needs a lot of time to fix it.
16. Whether we need to add a jQuery file in both the Master and Content pages?
jQuery file should be added to the Master page and can use access from the content page directly without having any reference to it.
17. What are the basic selectors in jQuery?
Following are the basic selectors in jQuery:
- Element ID
- CSS Name
- Tag Name
- DOM hierarchy
18. Can we call C# code behind using jQuery?
Yes, we can call C# code from jQuery as it supports the .net application.
19. What is the use of jQuery.data method?
jQuery.data methods are used to associate the data with the DOM nodes and the objects. This data method makes the jQuery code clear and concise.
20. What is the use of each function in jQuery?
Each function is used to iterate each and every element of an object. It is used to loop DOM elements, arrays, and object properties.
21. What is the difference between the size and length of jQuery?
Size and length both return the number of elements in an object. But length is faster than the size because length is a property and size is a method.
22. Can we add more than one ‘document.ready’ function on a page?
Yes, we can add more than one document.ready function in a page. But, body.onload can be added once on a page.
23. What is the use of the jQuery load method?
the jQuery load method is a powerful AJAX method that is used to load the data from a server and assign the data into the element without loading the page.
24. Whether our own specific characters are used in place of $ in jQuery?
Yes, We can use our own variable in place of $ by using the method called the no Conflict () method.
var sample = $.noConflict()
25. What are the four parameters used for the jQuery Ajax method?
The four parameters are
- URL – Need to specify the URL to send the request
- type – Specifies type of request(Get or Post)
- data – Specifies data to be sent to server
- Cache – Whether the browser should cache the requested page
26. What is the use of a jQuery filter?
The jQuery filter is used to filter certain values from the object list based on the criteria. An example is to filter certain products from the master list of products in a cart website.
27. Which program is useful for testing jQuery?
QUnit is used to test jQuery and it is very easy and efficient.
28. What is CDN?
CDN is abbreviated as a Content Distribution network and it is said to be a group of companies in different locations with networks containing copies of data files to maximize bandwidth in accessing the data.
29. What are the two types of CDNs?
There are two types of CDNs:
- Microsoft – Load jQuery from Ajax CDN
- Google – Load jQuery from Google libraries API
30. Which sign is used as a shortcut for jQuery?
The dollar ($) sign is used as a shortcut for jQuery.
31. Is jQuery is a client or server scripting?
jQuery is a client scripting.
32. What is the script build up by jQuery?
33. How can we debug jQuery?
There are two ways to debug jQuery:
- Add the debugger to the line from where we have to start debugging and then run Visual Studio in Debug mode with F5 function key.
- Insert a break point after attaching the process
34. What are all the ways to include jQuery on a page?
Following are the ways to include jQuery on a page:
- Local copy inside script tag
- Remote copy of jQuery.com
- Remote copy of Ajax API
- Local copy of script manager control
- Embedded script using client script object
35. What is the use of jQuery.ajax method ()?
jQuery.ajax method is used for asynchronous HTTP requests.
36. Where can we download JQuery?
38. What is called chaining?
Chaining is used to connect multiple events and functions in a selector.
39. What are the advantages of jQuery?
Following are the advantages of jQuery:
- Coding is simple, clear, reusable
- Removal of writing more complex conditions and loops
40. Whether C# code behind can be called from jQuery?
Yes, we can call C# code behind from jQuery.
41. What is the use of jQuery.data() method?
42. What is the difference between onload() and document.ready()?
On a page, we can have only one onload function but we can have more than one document.ready function. Document.ready function is called when DOM is loaded but onload function is called when DOM and images are loaded on the page.
43. What is the use of jQuery each function?
jQuery each function is used to loop through each and every element of the target jQuery object. It is also useful for multi-element DOM, looping arrays, and object properties.
44. How method can be called inside code behind using jQuery?
$.ajax can be called and by declaring WebMethod inside code behind using jQuery.
45. Which is the fastest selector in jQuery?
ID and Element are the fastest selectors in jQuery.
46. What is the slowest selector in jQuery?
Class selectors are the slowest selectors in jQuery.
47. Where jQuery code is getting executed?
jQuery code is getting executed on a client browser.
48. What is the method used to define the specific character in place of the $ sign?
‘NoConflict’ method is used to reference a jQuery and save it in a variable. That variable can be used instead of Sign.
jQuery is a library used for developing Ajax applications and it helps to write the code clean and concisely. It also handles events, animation, and Ajax support applications.
50. What are the types of selectors in jQuery?
There are three types of selectors in jQuery:
- CSS Selector
- XPath Selector
- Custom Selector